PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER!
HOW I CHOOSE COMMISSIONS
-I wanna make sure what I am working on is a fun, interesting, or exciting commission.
-Does this client seem reliable, informed, and responsible?
-How long the current queue is.
PLEASE PLEASE be patient when sending notes and expecting a response. I am only one man and I get a lot of notes.
1. I am not obligated to accept every commission offer. I will pick the commission offers that I am interested in. I won't accept a commission for something I am not interested in or just don't wanna do. I mean would you wanna do something u don't wanna do?
2. I can, at my discretion conduct private business when I choose to, even when commissions are CLOSED!
3. I WILL in some circumstances give preview sketches. These sketches will only be given to those wishing for commissions in the Flat color and down sections. For all others you won't see the commission till it is 100% done. PLEASE only commission me if you like my work a lot, and trust me to exercise my judgement.
These prices are ESTIMATES and AVERAGES!
Depending on how specific or open you are with your commission, and how complex the character is, the price will vary! If you say "Just do what you want." Your job will be much cheaper! If you say they have to be standing a certain way, or doing something specific, interacting with stuff in specific ways and from certain angles, your price will be MORE.
Character complexity is also something to consider! The more complex the OC the more expensive. Backgrounds can also add cost to the picture, as that's drawing a whole scene. If your a fan of an artist enough to commission them, you might as well give them some artistic freedom though, right?
commissions will include:
-Sketches - $5
-Line art - $15
-Flat color - $20
-Cell shade (3 tone) - $30
-Soft shade - $40
-Painting - $70
-sketches - $2
-Line art - $10
-Flat color - $10
-Cell shade - $15
-Soft shade - $15
-Painting - $30
-By default, I'll just come up with something nice for a background using basic colors, shapes, and such.
Payments are done through Paypal only. Details given once commission has been set up. In your payment's note section, INCLUDE YOUR DEVIANTART NAME, or I might not know who it's from or for what...
Barring special cases, all payment is due up front. I'm fast, reliable, and I think I am fairly cheap compared to other artists. In addition, unlike most other commissions you can buy, I guarantee your completion dates up front, so no there are no "Hey, I wonder when I'll get my commission?" thoughts. You will KNOW when it is coming.
You will receive a GUARANTEE DATE once payment is received. The date is the GUARANTEED latest day your commission will be finished. I ALWAYS quote more time than I need. Life has a way of blowing up, and I don't want to be caught behind schedule. Generally it's a two or three weeks. Sometimes, however, it could be a few months. I've never been late on a commission, Ever!
1. You CAN post the image online on your personal blogs, deviantart galleries, and sites. I personally think this is a douche thing to do... since you can just as easily link the deviation I submit in a journal or something, but I won't complain. Except in that previous sentence.
2. You CAN make edits and crops to the image, assuming I am given credit. However, please do not post it to any groups.
3. You CAN print the image out as well, for personal use/entertainment.
4. You CANNOT sell the image online or through print. If you'd like to make money off my art, ask me how.
5. You CANNOT use the image in any advertising campaigns. If you'd like to do this, ask me how.
6. I reserve the right to post the images anywhere online, and can use it as PART of any future compilation print products or portfolios, digital or physical. However, I can NOT sell said work as a standalone piece. That right is yours alone. Again, If you'd like to keep the image private, or have me not post it, there may be fee, since commissions normally bring in needed publicity as well as funding.
The best way is through a deviantart note. Provide references!! PLEASE REMEMBER: Don't be disheartened if I don't get back to you for several days or weeks. I get a lot of notes and cant get to everyone right away.